Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
May 19, 2019, 01:35:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THE VICTOR VALLEY 4 WHEELERS' FORUM!            Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to conduct club business at Victorville Motors upstairs the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to socialize at Pasco’s Pizza in Hesperia for Meet and Greet Night the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend. Come join us for pizza!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panamint Valley Days 2018  (Read 499 times)
Old YJ
President

« on: November 13, 2018, 05:29:40 PM »

Good times, bad times You know I had my share! My Jeep and my motorhome, I know what it means to be alone
I sure do wish I was at home. I don't care what the neighbors say I'm gonna love you each and every day
You can feel the beat within my heart. Realize, sweet babe's, we ain't ever gonna part.

I had a wonderful time at Panamint, sorry I couldn't hang at night at the campfire. The cold fall weather got to me and besides
I was just tuckered out so to speak, went to bed early both Friday and Saturday night. This getting old crap is no fun (the mind says yes, the body says no way).

Sunday, going home just totally sucked, Motorhome pulls the mountain road going up the pass with no problem however, breaks down just south of Trona. OK, no problem I have the Jeep. Call AAA and Motorhome is loaded up onto Simi with long tilt bed lowboy and we are on our way to Apple Valley. We cross Kramer Junction and 8 miles later the Jeep looses all power. Call AAA again as I cant find the problem. Battery is good, no power at all to anything? 2nd tow of the day, now I'm getting upset. Thinking of calling it quits on all of this. Way to many break downs way to many repairs.

Put my big Army jacket in the crake of the door to block the wind from coming in and use it as a pillow and close my eyes for a half hour.
Got my tow and two vehicles dropped at the shop. O boy what a fun day this has been. Now, I wait for the outcome and the bills???

Tom Witt, President VV4W
Kurts TJ
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 08:17:29 AM »

Truly sorry to hear about all the bad things happening to you on that weekend.
Like they say, if you have no bad luck you would have no luck at all. Bad to have this going on before the holydays. So sad. Huh

No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 02:01:24 PM »

What a tough set of circumstances!

Never the last trail.
dzimmer
Officer

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 07:18:49 AM »

Sorry for the bad luck, Tom.
Like the Led Zeppelin reference though.

Another reason why (when it's practical and possible) we should at least travel in pairs to some of these events.
It's a good idea to have someone on the road with you just in case someone needs help.

Don & Ann Zimmer
TJ Matt
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »

Good times, bad times You know I had my share! My Jeep and my motorhome, I know what it means to be alone
I sure do wish I was at home. I don't care what the neighbors say I'm gonna love you each and every day
You can feel the beat within my heart. Realize, sweet babe's, we ain't ever gonna part.
WOW,..Geez that sucks ass to no end. Good job on the Led Zepp rewrite though. The first album is still one of my favorites...M

JUST ANOTHER JEEPER

ROXRHRD
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 06:13:09 PM »

I hope the good wheeling and good food over the weekend made up for the bad luck going home.

Al & Karen B.
Old YJ
President

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:20:48 PM »

Yes, Even with the bad road trip home, the wheeling was a lot of fun. Places I had never seen before. The Pot Luck dinner was excellent! Lots of food and plenty to be had by all. What a beautiful weekend.

Tom Witt, President VV4W
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: