Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
May 19, 2019, 01:30:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THE VICTOR VALLEY 4 WHEELERS' FORUM!            Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to conduct club business at Victorville Motors upstairs the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to socialize at Pascoís Pizza in Hesperia for Meet and Greet Night the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend. Come join us for pizza!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHITE MOUNTAIN RUN DEC. 16TH 2018 TRAIL REPORT  (Read 403 times)
TJ Matt
VV4W Club Member

« on: December 16, 2018, 09:30:40 PM »

Greetings, it was a great day on the trail today if you did not go you missed out. We had four rigs in attendance myself and two new Club members Rex  "RWMWJK" Jon "JCosmos" and his family and a club guest "Jeepin Klean"  Jason with his recently purchased Jeep JK Rubicon. We met at Jack in The Box in Apple Valley at 9:00 AM, ate breakfast, did trail preparations,  then departed for Bowen Ranch Rd to go up towards the back side of Big Bear. Our first stop was Horse Springs Campground. We took a break for a while and headed on up towards White Mountain. For those that have never been on that trail it has many steep loose rocky climbs to it not to mention suicide hill and is quite scenic as well. Next stop was a sweet overlook of the High Desert (see pictures) then after that was the tallest peak in the area at 7800 ft which is where the video was taken which gives it no justice trust me. ALSO while we we at that point Jason "Jeepin Klean" found a  geocache canister. So we decided to put our names, date and the club info in it on the notepad that was on the inside as other four wheelers had done and (see pictures) as well as I left my official VV4W orange Koozie in it as a few other off roaders did. Given the time of year snow was present at times in the higher elevations. The original plan was to go all the way through and then go to Wright Mine. But ice packed trail areas on severe inclines on narrow sections of the trails prevented that due to safety concerns so we deemed it was best to turn back and go out the same way we went in.  

JUST ANOTHER JEEPER

TJ Matt
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:07:36 PM »

Video from the top of White Mountain Peak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBsWJFxOPgo

JUST ANOTHER JEEPER

JCosmos
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:06:51 AM »

Fun run and beautiful day to be in the mountains.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dDAah785TzYxkm1v6

JON & TRACY
Jeepin Klean

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:11:46 AM »

Had a blast on the trail with TJ Matt, JCosmos, and RWMWJK. Though "easy, scenic ride" may have undersold the fun, there wasn't anything too harrowing (JCosmos and TJ Matt might disagree), or that Candy and her cohorts couldn't handle with ease, and it was good to finally get her into 4LO. The view from the top of White Mt. was spectacular and I really appreciated all the help and advice along the way. I learned that JCosmos likes to splash in the mud and RWMWJK did NOT want to spend his down time washing his rig! Cheesy  TJ Matt did a great job guiding us all up the mountain (and back down). Thanks for a great day, guys!

JASON
Jeepin Klean

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »

MORE PICS!

JASON
ROXRHRD
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »

Looked like a nice day to wheel, but you could have used some more snow the way it looked.

Al & Karen B.
RWMWJK
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »

Rex and Mary
RWMWJK
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 08:19:02 PM »

Great run, great weather, good day on the trails! I donít mind the mud, but donít wish to take a bath in it. You will be cleaning that stuff off forever. The snow line was good, made for a couple of slick moments, but no significant issues, hats off to Matt for the lead. Enjoyed the comraderie and the trails! I shot some video, will work with Matt to get loaded.

Rex and Mary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: