Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
May 19, 2019, 01:35:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THE VICTOR VALLEY 4 WHEELERS' FORUM!            Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to conduct club business at Victorville Motors upstairs the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to socialize at Pasco’s Pizza in Hesperia for Meet and Greet Night the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend. Come join us for pizza!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy Scenic Run Sunday, December 23rd, 2018  (Read 314 times)
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« on: December 23, 2018, 07:46:50 PM »

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a great day on the trails.  I know I am forgetting to mention someone, so please help me fill in the blanks!
Kurt, Don, Matt, Nick and Mary Sue, Rex, Ed, Larry, Frank, Jason, Meaghan

We met at the Aviator Restaurant at the Hesperia airport.  Some of us at 8:00am and the rest by 9:00 for the start of the run.  After a brief driver's meeting we climbed in a total of nine rigs headed for the trailhead along Deep Creek Road.  We then went up the hill while enjoying the views of the entire Victor Valley.  We explored several points of historic interest in the Juniper Flats area then made our way to the Luna Mountain trail. There were a few steep hills, some rocks and off camber areas to keep the run interesting.  I guess I should have rated this run as moderate instead of easy but everyone made the run truly look easy!

We then left the Luna Mountain area, made a stop at Coxey Meadow and then went on up the mountain for a nice long break and visit under the pines at Big Pine Flat.  We then headed to Fawnskin where we aired up and hit the road for home.  The weather was sunny and cool, perfect for wheelin".

Thanks again to everyone!!!

Never the last trail.
RWMWJK
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »

Had a great time, great turnout, great weather, and awesome company!

Rex and Mary
RWMWJK
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:20:49 AM »

Hey Folks,
I attached a couple of pictures below, will get some of the video to Matt in the next week or so, so he can post up as well. I couldn't get the pics to load up in the body of the email, so look for the attachments!
I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Christmas with Family, Friends and Loved Ones!

Rex and Mary
Jeepin Klean

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 02:42:24 PM »

My daughter and I had a lot of fun on this run. The trails, the scenery, and the company were all great. Every time I go on one of these runs I learn something new and get more comfortable on the trail. Thanks to everyone for an awesome day.

JASON
TJ Matt
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 06:35:31 PM »

Had some fun for sure. It was nice. Also, attached pictures in Apple HEIC format have been converted.

JUST ANOTHER JEEPER

Jeepin Klean

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »

A few more pics

JASON
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: