Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
March 25, 2019, 02:43:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THE VICTOR VALLEY 4 WHEELERS' FORUM!            Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to conduct club business at Victorville Motors upstairs the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to socialize at Pasco’s Pizza in Hesperia for Meet and Greet Night the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend. Come join us for pizza!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday, Feb. 16th. Moderate Stoddard Valley Trail.  (Read 306 times)
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« on: February 11, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »

I do not believe this is a named trail. I think it is the trail Chuck Shaner likes to lead on Independence day for fireworks viewing.  We could call it the Fireworks Trail.  I have also referred to it as the Cell Phone Trail (you will have to ask Cliff for the story behind this name).  It does offer spectacular views of the entire Victor Valley area.  I would rate this trail as a 2 out of 5.  It is a moderately difficult trail with some hill climbs and a bit of loose rock.  A good driver can make it in a stock vehicle with open differentials providing it has a functional low range transfer case.  At least some lift is recommended.  There are also a couple of extra credit bypasses for those looking for more of a challenge.

For those who have not yet visited Monument Hill I plan to make a stop there and if interested, there are some other interesting trails just West of there.  At this point we will be near the Slash-X Cafe where we can stop for a late lunch / early dinner if you like.

We will meet at Richie's Cafe in Victorville for breakfast at 8:00am and depart for the trailhead at 9:00.

Never the last trail.
Kurts TJ
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »

Count me in

No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:53:14 AM »

Boy, was I looking at the wrong calendar.  The run is this Saturday, February 16th not April 16th.  Sorry for the confusion.

Never the last trail.
Jeepin Klean

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 10:16:48 AM »

Ha ha! When you posted it I thought, “Wow! He’s really planning ahead!”

JASON
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 11:57:57 AM »

No, just planning without my head!

Never the last trail.
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 06:45:36 AM »

Hi have been told that this trail has taken a real beating from the quads, side by sides and weather and may not be suitable for nearly stock rigs.  I plan to pre-run it today and will report back.  Plans for tomorrow may have to change.

Never the last trail.
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 03:09:31 PM »

Well, the intelligence was accurate.  Three of us did a pre-run and found this trail is in a bit worse shape than the last time I ran it.  It is quite rocky and I would rate it closer to a 3 than a 2.  Some of the sections are quite narrow.  With that said, Cliff made it through today in his nearly stock 4Runner but he has 40+ years of wheelin' experience.  He does have full belly skid plates and a rear locker (stock suspension).  His skid plates were useful today.  I am not sure I would recommend it for full size vehicles.

There are several steep hills and a couple of very short off-camber sections.  This is a great trail with tremendous views.  As mentioned in an earlier post, there are some extra credit bypasses if you want to make the trail even more challenging.  Hope to see a few folks tomorrow.

Never the last trail.
Kurts TJ
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »

Ok, I will meet you at Richie's at 8:00.

No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 04:32:53 AM »

RUN CANCELLED DIE TO LACK OF INTEREST.

Never the last trail.
edsredx
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »

I'm glad I checked this morning sorry I didn't post I was going to go on this one sorry again for not posting earlier just so busy and waited for your report sorry again if I screwed up

BIG Wheel Eddy
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 09:23:16 AM »

Thanks for your note Ed. When it is an easy, scenic run it is not as critical that I have some member support but when the trail has sections that could get someone in trouble I need to know that I will have a few experienced members along with winches in case someone gets into trouble.  As we try to attract new, and often times inexperienced prospective members, we need to have the ability to help ensure a positive experience on the trails.

Never the last trail.
edsredx
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 01:23:50 PM »

i got it my bad

BIG Wheel Eddy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: