Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
May 20, 2019, 03:37:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THE VICTOR VALLEY 4 WHEELERS' FORUM!            Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to conduct club business at Victorville Motors upstairs the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to socialize at Pasco’s Pizza in Hesperia for Meet and Greet Night the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend. Come join us for pizza!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy Run, Rodman Mts., Saturday or Sunday, March 2nd or 3rd  (Read 311 times)
Jeepin Klean

« on: February 28, 2019, 08:35:24 AM »

For those who can’t (or won’t) head down to the TDS event, how about an easy excursion through the Rodman Mountains? Sunday looks to be the day with the best weather, but Saturday shouldn’t be too bad either; just some morning rain and a bit more wind. The route is primarily desert dirt roads and washes, so it should be an easy day. Attractions will include Silver Hill mine, Box Canyon, and some (hopefully) great views from the high point of the range. Saturday would be a south to north run, from Lucerne Valley to Newberry Springs. We would meet for breakfast at Mollie’s Kountry Kitchen, in Apple Valley. Sunday would be a north to south run that would start in Newberry Springs, so Richies Diner, in Victorville, would be a good breakfast spot. Meet up for breakfast at 8am and depart at 9 am. Please let me know which day you want to go.

JASON
RWMWJK
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:56:37 AM »

I’m not going to make TDS, but would be open to Sunday over Saturday (weather/wind, couple of personal projects Sat), but can make Sat work if most prefer.

Rex and Mary
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »

This weekend I can make either day. Let me know what you choose. I just completed a bunch of work on my Jeep so am easy run is best right now to check out the repair integrity.

Never the last trail.
JCosmos
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:15:40 AM »

I'm game for a Sunday run.

JON & TRACY
Jeepin Klean

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »

Okay, looks like Sunday is the day! We’ll meet up at Richie’s at 8 and depart at 9. That should put us on dirt around 10am. Please remember to bring food and drinks; “Air down” to “air up” will be about 53 miles! This is an all day excursion. Bring along company; the more the merrier. See everyone Sunday morning!

JASON
Kurts TJ
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »

I be at Richie's around 8:00 am for breakfast 

No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca
RWMWJK
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »

Will be there before 9, maybe by 8 for breakfast.
Are we going to top off in Barstow, or just fuel up in Victorville?

Rex and Mary
Jeepin Klean

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 02:32:02 PM »

I think it would be better if everyone filled up before we met up since people can be particular about what gas they use. If anyone doesn’t think they can make the trip on one tank we can discuss a top off before we get to the trail. Total mileage should be around 170 if we make it to every planned trail stop.

JASON
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 07:01:46 AM »

Something has come up and I will not be able to go today. Have fun.

Never the last trail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: