Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
July 20, 2019, 03:08:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THE VICTOR VALLEY 4 WHEELERS' FORUM!            Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to conduct club business at Victorville Motors upstairs the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to socialize at Nick’s Pizza in Apple Valley for Meet and Greet Night (trial visit in June) the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend. Come join us for pizza!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June Picnic Run?  (Read 202 times)
Old YJ
President

« on: June 20, 2019, 03:05:21 AM »

Is there anyone that would like to volunteer to lead a picnic run on the last weekend of the month, June 29th?
I might not be able to get out and wheel for a while, but I would still like to facilitate and see some others getting out there and enjoying our great outdoors. We have had some new guest attend our meet and greet and they will be watching our Facebook page for any new events / trail runs that might happen. Just a thought Burns Canyon Road to Pioneer Town and back. If there is anyone that has any other ideas post up.

Tom Witt, President VV4W
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 06:39:51 AM »

I am not sure about my availability but if anyone wants to lead the run from the Big Bear area to Pioneer town this is what I typically lead.

1.  Meet in Hesperia or Apple Valley.
2.  Drive to the Baldwin Lake area and visit the old Miners Cemetery.
3.  Make a stop at the white quartz deposit above Baldwin Lake and discuss the local history.
4.  Air down and start the run down Burns Canyon (2N02).
5.  There is a great Black Diamond bypass along the way for those wanting extra credit.  (2N69Y)
6.  Make the short detour to the Spanish Smelter.
7.  Complete the trip to Pioneer Town where we stop for a late lunch and air up.
8.  Make the side trip to the Integretron and Giant Rock in Landers.
9.  Head for home.

Never the last trail.
randyvw
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »

it's late notice but ruth can lead a run THIS sunday the 23rd to those places.

Lead, follow, or get the h*ll out'a the way.....and remember what mark twain said "if you don't read the internet you're uninformed....if you DO read the internet, you're misinformed."
randy w.
Kurts TJ
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 03:30:23 PM »

This has always been a good and fun run but I am going to the Sierras for two weeks, sorry. 

No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca
randyvw
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 04:56:07 PM »

leave jack in the box on bear valley rd. at 830 am. i will cancel if not more than 3 have signed on here to go by 7am sunday.

Lead, follow, or get the h*ll out'a the way.....and remember what mark twain said "if you don't read the internet you're uninformed....if you DO read the internet, you're misinformed."
randy w.
randyvw
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 07:00:49 AM »

canceled

randy w.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: