Author Topic: BIG BEAR, Baldwin Lake to Pioneertown  (Read 281 times)

Offline Old YJ

• President
BIG BEAR, Baldwin Lake to Pioneertown
« on: June 24, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »
This Saturday June 29th, I will be going up to Baldwin Lake and out Burns Canyon Road (2N02) to Pioneertown. If there is anyone whishing to go along meet at Burgerlicious 21044 Bear Valley Rd, Apple Valley. Will meet there between 7:30am and departing at 8:30am. The trail is listed as moderate but most of the trail is pretty easy. It is 18.5 miles long with lots of scenery to gaze at. It should take around 3 hours depending on the stops we make. You can go to the  Victor Valley 4 Wheelers Facebook page for more information. Don't forget to bring sunscreen, Cameras, snacks and water.
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
Re: BIG BEAR, Baldwin Lake to Pioneertown
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 02:08:56 PM »
It will be a couple of days before I know if I can join you on this run. It will be pretty warm in Pioneertown on Saturday but it is a fun place with a great watering hole.
Never the last trail.

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »
Is the run still on for Saturday?
Never the last trail.

Offline Jeepin Klean

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 06:38:28 PM »
Sure, I'll tag along.
JASON

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »
What a great day!  Thanks Tom for organizing this run and to everyone who came along to make it so much fun.
Never the last trail.

Offline Old YJ

• President
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 10:53:30 PM »
I must admit I had a good time also, even if I was a little weak thru the trail run, it was a fun day. I'm so glad we had a good turn out with the eight rigs total (6 member rigs and 2 guest rigs) with a total of 16 people showing up. Pioneertown is always a favorite of mine, in a few more weeks it might be way to warm to make this trip. Giant Rock was the bonus of the trip. Never had I seen such a boulder, where did it come from? A giant Thank You to everyone for coming out for the run.
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline randyvw

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 07:44:40 AM »
giant rock is where a german guy blew himself up during ww2. he had a shortwave radio, and was believed to be communicating with der homeland when discovered. at least that's the story ive been told by a resident who lives near there. he was living UNDER that rock at the time.
Lead, follow, or get the h*ll out'a the way.....and remember what mark twain said "if you don't read the internet you're uninformed....if you DO read the internet, you're misinformed."
randy w.