Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
July 20, 2019, 03:11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THE VICTOR VALLEY 4 WHEELERS' FORUM!            Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to conduct club business at Victorville Motors upstairs the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers meet to socialize at Nick’s Pizza in Apple Valley for Meet and Greet Night (trial visit in June) the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Members and those interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend. Come join us for pizza!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG BEAR, Baldwin Lake to Pioneertown  (Read 263 times)
Old YJ
President

« on: June 24, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »

This Saturday June 29th, I will be going up to Baldwin Lake and out Burns Canyon Road (2N02) to Pioneertown. If there is anyone whishing to go along meet at Burgerlicious 21044 Bear Valley Rd, Apple Valley. Will meet there between 7:30am and departing at 8:30am. The trail is listed as moderate but most of the trail is pretty easy. It is 18.5 miles long with lots of scenery to gaze at. It should take around 3 hours depending on the stops we make. You can go to the  Victor Valley 4 Wheelers Facebook page for more information. Don't forget to bring sunscreen, Cameras, snacks and water.

Tom Witt, President VV4W
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 02:08:56 PM »

It will be a couple of days before I know if I can join you on this run. It will be pretty warm in Pioneertown on Saturday but it is a fun place with a great watering hole.

Never the last trail.
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »

Is the run still on for Saturday?

Never the last trail.
Jeepin Klean

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 06:38:28 PM »

Sure, I'll tag along.

JASON
Mojave Dirtball
VV4W Member
VV4W Club Member

Never the Last Trail!

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »

What a great day!  Thanks Tom for organizing this run and to everyone who came along to make it so much fun.

Never the last trail.
Old YJ
President

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 10:53:30 PM »

I must admit I had a good time also, even if I was a little weak thru the trail run, it was a fun day. I'm so glad we had a good turn out with the eight rigs total (6 member rigs and 2 guest rigs) with a total of 16 people showing up. Pioneertown is always a favorite of mine, in a few more weeks it might be way to warm to make this trip. Giant Rock was the bonus of the trip. Never had I seen such a boulder, where did it come from? A giant Thank You to everyone for coming out for the run.

Tom Witt, President VV4W
randyvw
VV4W Club Member

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 07:44:40 AM »

giant rock is where a german guy blew himself up during ww2. he had a shortwave radio, and was believed to be communicating with der homeland when discovered. at least that's the story ive been told by a resident who lives near there. he was living UNDER that rock at the time.

Lead, follow, or get the h*ll out'a the way.....and remember what mark twain said "if you don't read the internet you're uninformed....if you DO read the internet, you're misinformed."
randy w.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: