Author Topic: Fun In The Desert?  (Read 557 times)

Offline Jeepin Klean

• VV4W Club Member
Fun In The Desert?
« on: September 26, 2019, 11:54:52 AM »
Hey all, by my estimation it is two weeks till the big event and I haven't seen or heard much about it. Maybe it has been talked about extensively at the last couple meetings and meetups. I know that it was touched on a little at the meetings I was able to attend. I would love to volunteer in any way I can. Maybe there are others who are looking for ways to contribute? Can we get some sort of conversation on the subject going here?
"The mountains are calling and I must go."

Offline Old YJ

Re: Fun In The Desert?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:53:00 AM »
Hi Jason, Long time no hear! Try looking in the "Members Only Section" You will find info on our committee meetings, (when and where).
Topics have been on k Trail Leaders and Food. There will always be something to do for set up in camp. You are welcome to attend the meeting this Saturday morning.
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline JCosmos

• Super Admin
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 05:52:53 AM »
He didn't have access. However, now he does.
JON & TRACY

Offline Old YJ

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 05:01:53 PM »
For those of you who are looking to volunteer for a one day event before "Fun In The Desert" I have an opportunity for you, Vicious Off Road and 4 Wheel Parts are both sponsors for our event and they have both asked if we could come down and participate at their sale events on October 5th. This is just another area that the club can get exposure. We will be working both events and will need assistance at each one. We generally set up a canopy, table, chairs, banner and pass out club info and give away a few items. Post up if you are interested.
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline Old YJ

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »
Jeepen Klean, Would you like to volunteer for a few hours down at West Covina 4 Wheel Parts??? This weekend on Saturday, October 5th.
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline Jeepin Klean

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 11:53:57 AM »
Sorry Tom, I'm all booked up this weekend. I am still interested in helping out next Saturday. Just let me know where to be and when.
"The mountains are calling and I must go."

Offline dzimmer

• Officer
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »
VV4WC members:
Today is Sunday, Oct 6.
I'm planning on printing the FITD program on Wednesday, Oct 9.
I need and appreciate updates from you on recent sponsor donations.
GenRight? Town & Country Tires? Others?
We don't want to have disappointments and hear complaints from sponsors who didn't get into the program.
So if you get something between now and Wednesday, let ME know ASAP!
Thanks.
The raffle is looking good!
Don & Ann Zimmer

Offline renegade

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 06:19:28 AM »
Sorry I did not get this to you earlier Don, Tony at GenRight has commited to the raffle and they are doing a trail for us as well.
Mike & Bonnie

Offline dzimmer

• Officer
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 07:32:39 AM »
ok...thanks mike
Don & Ann Zimmer

Offline Old YJ

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Jason if you get this message, come on out Saturday morning or when ever you can make you will always be a welcome site.
There will also be something for you to help out with and we would always be thankful for your help. Look for the club Flag and Banner or Light Tower. We will be past the bridge Northwest side of the dry lake???? If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline RWMWJK

• Officer
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 04:19:26 AM »
Mary and I both have to work Friday, but plan to be out there 7/7:15am on Saturday for the duration of the day to support the event. I have 3 of the smaller raffle items I will bring with us as well. Do we need to bring anything else to help the cause (water, ice, ?). If you need us earlier than 7ish, please advise.
Rex and Mary

Offline DMWeavers

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 06:08:47 AM »
7 ish is good. We see you there. we are ok on water and ice if something comes out at the last minute we call you  :) Thank you
:) Danny & Maria