Author Topic: Saturday Oct 26th, plans??  (Read 120 times)

Offline RWMWJK

• VV4W Club Member
Saturday Oct 26th, plans??
« on: October 17, 2019, 08:32:10 PM »
Hello All,
At the last meeting (10/1), there was mention of a couple of events on Saturday 26th for both the VV Trunk & Treat at the Fairgrounds from 11:30-4, then mention of the Barstow Evening Mardi-Gra parade 6-8pm, (which apparently has cash prizes for top finishing entries) which would give us some light showcase - both seem to have opportunities for visual club appearances, has there been any further discussions about attending one or the other, or both??
Rex and Mary

Offline Old YJ

• President
Re: Saturday Oct 26th, plans??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 12:51:56 AM »
Rex, Mary and anyone else that had there sights on this one. I know the Barstow Parade was high on my list to participate in too. How ever I blew it with the application. I was to late in getting it in. The application due date was Monday the 14th. I personally was in no shape after "Fun In The Desert" to get it to Barstow. I apologize to the group for not following thru.
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline RWMWJK

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 10:10:19 AM »
No worries Tom, just looking for ways to keep up our visual appeal. Is there still consideration for the VV Fairground T&T? Still another great opportunity - maybe a bite to eat afterwards, with an evening run down to the hill 582?
Rex and Mary

Offline RWMWJK

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 08:26:21 AM »
Happy Monday Everyone,
For those that are interested in attending (Mary and I are planning, even if solo), the event starts at 11:30am at the fairgrounds, with the T&T starting at 12n-4pm. This is also a combination of classic car show in the mix as well. It costs $5 if you pay in advance at the Radio station (12370 Hesperia Rd), or $10 at the event. Would like to get a couple of members to join us if available, if anyone interested, let me know, we will probably plan to get there by 10:45/11.
Rex and Mary

Offline Old YJ

• President
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 10:27:48 PM »
ThaNks for picking up the ball Rex. I have been laid up down the hill At a hospital. Good luck!
Tom Witt, President VV4W

Offline RWMWJK

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 07:36:43 AM »
No worries Tom, take care of your health, get well!
Rex and Mary

Offline Jeepin Klean

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »
Hey there Rex! Chandra and I are interested in the Trunk or Treat. It sounds like fun and, since I work Halloween night, this will be our only opportunity to hand out candy to kids. Let me know if you want to meet up beforehand (maybe breakfast? Richie's? Mollie's?) so we can be sure to arrive together. How much candy should we bring? We've never attended one of these events.
JASON