Author Topic: Sunday, March 8th Changed from Saturday Afton Canyon, Strange and Historic Sites  (Read 132 times)

Online Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
This run was originally planned for Saturday but has been changed to Sunday, March 8th.  Hey all you Mojave Desert rats who like strange and unusual places, I am planning a trip this Saturday to Afton Canyon and several other unusual points of interest including grave sites, old mines and the mysterious Desert Megaphone.

Let me know if you are interested in this all day run of fun exploration.  This will be an easy run.  Four wheel drive will only be required for deep sand.  This is a perfect run for stock 4X4s and anyone interested unusual sites.  There will be considerable freeway driving to get to the trail head.

Meet at Peggy Sue's 50s Diner in Yermo at 8:00am for breakfast.  Run will depart at 9:00am after a short driver's meeting.

Bring plenty of water, lunch, good hiking shoes, flashlight and all the normal four-wheelin' stuff.

Please post if you plan to participate so we can be sure to wait for you if you are running a bit late.
Never the last trail.

Offline RG89XJ

Im game. See you at Peggy Sues. If something changes Ill repost.

Offline Halfpint

• VV4W Club Member
You know I'm in.  :)
Wendy

Offline Jeepin Klean

• VV4W Club Member
Sounds like fun. See yall at Peggy Sues.
JASON

Online Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
Dont forget to set your clocks ahead Saturday night to avoid being late Sunday morning!  😜
Never the last trail.

Offline RG89XJ

Do you have an approximate end time for the run? Trying to figure out if I can bring grandkids or if we will be out too late in the day.

Offline Kurts TJ

• VV4W Club Member
I will try to make this.
No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca

Online Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
Do you have an approximate end time for the run? Trying to figure out if I can bring grandkids or if we will be out too late in the day.
I have lots of stops and some short walks planned and it is 90 miles to and from the trailhead so it will be all day. Hopefully back to pavement before dark.
Never the last trail.

Offline RG89XJ

Ok thanks.