Author Topic: Rally to Save the Veterans Home in Barstow - Monday, Memorial Day, May 25th  (Read 65 times)

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
Governor Gavin Newsom plans to close the Veterans' Home in Barstow to help balance the budget.  This is a disgrace.  With the billions of dollars spent each year on projects and programs with debatable value, he wants to help balance the budget on the back of our Veterans.  These true heroes risked it all for us and this country and we need to now step up for them.

The rally will be on Memorial day (this Monday).  We will stage at Dana Park just North of I-15 on 247 at 12:00 noon.  The rolling rally will depart at 1:00pm and make the route to the Veterans Home.  Bring your rigs and American flags to demonstrate your support for these great Americans.

For those of you who are planning to camp at the SlashX this weekend, this event is only nine miles North on Highway 247.  I urge you to take the time to make this very short trip up the road to show your support.  This story has gone national and the politicians will be watching.  This is your chance to be of service to our community and our Veterans!!!!

For more details, visit the Save The Barstow Veterans Home Facebook page.
Never the last trail.

Offline Kurts TJ

• VV4W Club Member
Count me in.
No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca

Offline renegade

• VV4W Club Member
We will make this one, count us in!
Mike & Bonnie

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
We are supposed to be at Dana Park in Barstow at 12:00. If you want to caravan to Barstow, we will meet in Victorville at 11:00 in the Lowe’s parking lot Bear Valley at I15.
Never the last trail.

Offline Kurts TJ

• VV4W Club Member
Ok, will be at Lowe's
No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca

Offline allbus2013

We'll meet at the park at 12:00.

George and Diane Martin (yellow 4 door Rubicon)